CAULIFLOWER & PEAS KURMA
In most Indian homes, cauliflower (called Gobhi in Hindi and Hookosu in Kannada) is used quite frequently as it is a fairly versatile vegetable. All over India, you will find many dishes made using cauliflower- either singly or in combination with other vegetables.
Cauliflowers are a good source of antioxidants and have numerous health benefits.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes made with cauliflower such as :-
In South India, it is common to serve chapatis with our curry-like kurma. Today's recipe is for a kurma made with cauliflower and green peas that goes well with chapatis/rotis. This can also be served as a side dish with the main meal.
- Medium-sized Cauliflower , 1/2 ( about 175 -200 grams)
- Green Peas, (Fresh or frozen), 1/3 cup
- Bay Leaf, (Tej Patta), 1
- Cinnamon stick, small, 1
- Cloves, (Laung), 2
- Cumin Seeds, ( Jeera), 1/2 tsp
- Large- sized Onion, finely chopped, 1
- Medium-sized Tomato, chopped, 1/2 cup
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1/2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder, 1 tsp, or to taste
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped, 2 tbsp
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coconut Gratings, 1/4 cup
- Fried Gram/ Bhuna Chana, 1 tbsp
- Green Chillies, 2