BABY POTATO PODI CURRY
We love baby potatoes in my family. They look cute and add to the visual appeal of the dish. They can be used in many recipes in place of the regular potatoes.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes made with baby potatoes, such as:-
Today's recipe is for a side dish of baby potatoes coated with spice powders. I have adapted this from Potato Podi Curry from Tickling Palates.
This is a saatvik -no onion-no garlic- recipe which can come in handy on days when you wish to skip these.
It tastes great with both rice and rotis. Try serving this with steamed rice and rasam. You will love it!
- Baby Potatoes, 250 grams
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp
- Asafoetida, (Hing) 1/8 tsp
- Curry Leaves, a sprig
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Coriander Seeds, 1 tbsp
- Urad Dal, (Black Gram ), 1 tsp
- Channa Dal, (Bengal Gram), 1 tsp
- Byadgi Dry Red Chillies, 5-6
- Coconut Gratings , 4 tbsp
- Til, (White Sesame Seeds), 1 tsp
- Khus Khus ( Poppy Seeds), 1/2 tsp
- Oil, 1 tsp