ALASANDE KALU GOJJU
Today's recipe is for an easy to make yet tasty side dish made with black-eyed beans, also known as black-eyed peas.
As you may know, Black-eyed beans are called Alasande Kalu in Kannada, Karamani in Tamil, Lobia in Hindi and Alasande Bi or Bugdo in my mother tongue, Konkani.
Black-eyed beans are highly nutritious and have numerous health benefits.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes made with black-eyed beans, such as:-
- Alasande Kalu, (Black-eyed Beans), 1/2 cup
- Coconut Gratings, 2-3 tsp
- Jeera, (Cumin Seeds), 1/2 tsp
- Large-sized Onion, 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 tsp
- Medium-sized Tomatoes, 2
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder, 1 tbsp, or to taste
- Dhaniya Powder, (Coriander Powder), 1 tbsp
- Water, 1/3 cup + 1/3 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 1 tsp + 1 tbsp