DRUMSTICK LEAVES CURRY
In case you didn't know, drumstick leaves ( also known as Moringa Leaves) are considered to be super healthy. It can do you a lot of good in many ways as detailed in this article from PharmEasy. "Moringa Leaves- 16 Health Benefits You Should Know".
Decades ago almost every house in Bengaluru used to have a drumstick tree in their back yard. In my parents house we had one such tree so I have been used to dishes made with drumsticks and drumstick leaves since childhood. These days of course things are very different. Yet, if you can get hold of drumstick leaves, please do use them as often as you can.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes made with drumstick leaves such as:-
- Murungai Keerai Poricha Kuzhambu from Tamilnadu
- Mashinga Palle Sanna Polo from our Konkani cuisine
- Nugge Soppina Rotti from Karnataka
Do give it a try and let me know what you thought of this dish.
- Drumstick/ Moringa Leaves, 2 cups
- Green Gram (Moong) Dal, 1/3 cup
- Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Medium-sized Onion, 1
- Medium-sized Tomato, 1
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Coconut Gratings, 1/3 cup
- Green Chillies, 2
- Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli, broken into halves, 1
- Blackgram (Split Urad) Dal, 2 tsp
- Oil, 2 -3 tsp