Capsicums -more commonly known as bell peppers in the US- come in different colours. The yellow and red ones are particularly attractive but more common are the green ones, which I use quite frequently.
Capsicums are strong in Vitamin C and have other health benefits as well. Elsewhere in this blog, you will find other recipes made with capsicum, such as :-
Today's recipe is adapted from Capsicum Curry from the popular website Indian Healthy Recipes.
We enjoyed this with hot chapatis.
- Capsicum/Bell pepper, 250 to 300 gms
- Onions, 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Tomato, 1
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Chilli Powder, 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
- Garam Masala, 1/2 tsp
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves (Kasuri Methi), 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves, a few
- Cumin Seeds, 1/4 tsp
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 2 tbsp ( 1 + 1)
- Peanuts, 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Coconut Gratings OR Dry Copra, 1 and 1/2 tbsp
- Sesame Seeds, (Til), 3/4 tbsp