CABBAGE STIR FRY
Cabbage is one vegetable that we use often in my house. The cabbage has numerous health benefits as it is rich in Vitamin C and has many antioxidants.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes made with cabbage such as :-
- Cabbage Sukke from our Konkani cuisine,
- Spinach & Cabbage Parantha from Punjab,
- Cabbage Kheer from West Bengal.
Today's recipe is for an easy to make yet tasty side dish - Cabbage Stir Fry-that goes well with rasam and hot steamed rice. I am sure you will like it when you try it out for yourselves.
- Cabbage, 500 gms or about 5 cups
- Mustard Seeds, 1 tsp
- Urad Dal, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Chana Dal, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida, 1/8 tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves, a few
- Water, 1/4 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 1 tbsp
- Coconut Gratings, 1/4 cup
- Byadgi Red Chillies, 3
- Cumin Seeds, 1 tsp
- Jaggery, grated, 1 and 1/2 tsp