Thanks to our supermarkets, these days mushrooms are readily available all through the year. This is quite different from the old days when they used be considered seasonal. They were available in plenty - but only during the rainy season. People used to eagerly look forward to this time of the year for them.
Mushrooms are rich in Vitamin B and are said to have several health benefits.
We make dishes with mushroom quite often so elsewhere in this blog, you will find recipes for dishes with mushrooms,uch as:-
Today's recipe is for Mushroom Masala which I have adapted from the YouTube video in Sruthi's Kitchen.
The additional special tadka of garlic, chilli and freshly crushed pepper in butter gives it a distinctively delicious flavor. We enjoyed this flavorful dish with hot rotis.
- Button Mushrooms, 200 gms
- Large-sized Tomato, 1 - to be made into a puree
- Medium- sized Onion, 1
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds, 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves, a few
- Green Chilies, 2
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder, 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Chilli Powder, 1 and 1/2 tsp, or to taste
- Kitchen King Masala, 1/2 tsp
- Medium-sized Capsicum, 1
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped, 1 tbsp, for garnish
- Butter, 1 tbsp
- Garlic Cloves, chopped, 3
- Green Chilli, slit, 1
- Curry Leaves, 4
- Black Peppercorns, freshly crushed, 1/4 tsp or to taste
- Coriander Leaves, finely chopped, 1 tbsp