SOUTH INDIAN EGG CURRY
It is well-established that eggs have numerous health benefits. They can be had in different forms for breakfast such as scrambled, boiled, fried, and in omelettes and for lunch/dinner in different kinds of curries and side dishes.
Elsewhere in this blog, you will find some recipes of dishes made with eggs, such as:-
- Egg Curry, the first non-vegetarian dish I learnt to make- after my marriage!
- Herbed Baked Eggs- one of the most delicious of egg recipes that I have tasted
- Egg Curry, goes great with pulao or fried rice
Today's recipe is for another Egg Curry, this one done in the South Indian style. In this we make a masala paste of coconut gratings and spices which adds thickness to the gravy and enhances its flavour.
I make this from time to time and we usually enjoy it with hot rotis/chapatis.
- Eggs, 4-5
- Cumin Seeds, 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves, a sprig
- Onion, large sized, 1
- Ginger Garlic Paste, 1 tsp
- Tomatoes, medium-sized, 2
- Water, 3/4 to 1 cup
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, 2 tbsp
- Coriander Leaves, 2 tbsp
- Fresh Coconut Gratings, 1/4 cup
- Chilli Powder, 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder, 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder, 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder or Kitchen King Masala, 1/2 tsp